Here in the At Home offices, we’re gearing up for one of our favorite fashionable events – Northwest Arkansas Fashion Week. We’re proud to sponsor this week long event that spotlights the area’s talented and creative fashion designers and boutique owners. To prepare for the fun, we’ve asked a few of NWAFW’s fashionable participants to let us know which items they can’t live without this spring. — Brits & Turks is a mens fashion boutique carrying casual clothing with a classic look with modern fit. Brits & Turks is launching TurkTrunks, a classic swim trunk at no better place than NWA Fashion week, this will be Brits & Turks first line. 1. Alternative Apparel: V-neck perfect for everyday activity, shown coupled with TurkTrunks sky blue trunks. 2. TurkTrunks: Our own brand of swim trunks more comfortable to wear, longer lasting with a classic look. Most importantly a trunk made with a quick-dry wicking fabric, allowing you to easily transition from the beach or pool to any other activity away from the water, without sitting or walking in water logged shorts for too long. 3. Havaianas: Flip Flops aren’t just for the beach anymore. That’s why, with Havaianas men’s flip-flops, they offer a variety of the best rubber flip flops that are perfect for any occasion. 4. Scotch & Soda Blazer: With a tailored look, this navy blazer you will be the best-dressed guy in town. To make your gentlemen style complete we added a pocket square. 5. Scotch & Soda: Purple gingham shirt perfect for spring. You can wear this shirt for any occasion, un-tucked with jeans or shorts or even as business casual. 6. Fidelity Denim: With unwavering comfort, Fidelity Denim uses only the finest Italian and Japanese denim. Each pair of Fidelity’s are meticulously engineered from waist to sweep. They raise the standards in quality, comfort, and fit
Now that you’ve had a chance to get to know the retailers who will be showing at NWA Fashion Week, learn a little bit about Anna Cottrell, the blogger behind the popular fashion blog, Tulip Louise, and this year’s NWA Fashion Week correspondent. She talks spring fashion with us in the March issue, and she shares which nights she’s most excited for at NWA Fashion Week. Read about it here (and find out how to get her chic all-white look while you’re at it!).
Here in the At Home offices, we’re gearing up for one of our favorite fashionable events – Northwest Arkansas Fashion Week. We’re proud to sponsor this week long event that spotlights the area’s talented and creative fashion designers and boutique owners. To prepare for the fun, we’ve asked a few of NWAFW’s fashionable participants to let us know which items they can’t live without this spring. — Maude opened its doors in November 2007, and has prided itself on bringing Fayetteville chic, cool fashion for every budget ever since. We believe fashion should be fun and that every woman should have a closet full of pieces that help her to feel confident as she pursues her dream. We know our customers are so much more than what they wear. They are doctors, mothers, students, entrepreneurs and teachers. They are the women who get out there and make things happen! We couldn’t be more proud to serve the fabulous women in our community, as well as fashion-forward women across the country (and world!) with our website, www.shopmaude.com. This year we are really looking forward to the opportunity to have a product booth. Since we just opened Maude Home + Gift, we are excited to share some of our new, fun products with the fashion week goers.
1. Library of Flowers American Small Batch Perfumery Products, $14-55. Try a brand new scent this Spring. And we mean brand new! Library of Flowers is a product line less than a month old. 2. C’est La Vie Initial Bracelet, $15. Monogram is a huge trend this Spring, making this adorable bangle the perfect gift for you or a friend. 3. Maaji Lingerie, $25-$29. Maude is obsessed with Maaji. This fun and comfortable lingerie and swimwear line out of Brazil has been featured in Elle, Cosmopolitan, Sports Illustrated and more. 4. Catalina Floral Maxi Dress by Greylin, $129. As one of our all-time favorite brands, Greylin is exclusive to Maude, so it’s perfect when you’re looking for that one-of-a-kind piece, like a gorgeous floral maxi dress. It is the perfect Spring staple. Dress it up or dress it down, either way, you can never go wrong in a maxi. 5. Gasp Wedge by Seychelles, $89. Neon is back this Spring, and we love it in small doses, making this wedge the perfect pop for any look. 6. Pillow and Throw by Darzzi Akaar, $48 and $85. Brighten up your living space this Spring with a soft, bright patterned pillow and throw. 7. Structured Perforations Peplum Top with Neon Piping, $45. Peplum is in full swing again this season, and we love the piping detail on this top. It will cinch you in all the right places! All items available at Maude.
At Home is excited to welcome designer Chris Goddard and event stylist Bartus Taylor of Goddard Design Group to the blog, with an update on the stylist scene they’re creating for NWA Fashion Week (events begin next week, and we’re beside ourselves with anticipation!). The duo’s theme for this grand event?Â A Stylish Week in the Park!
And, for your chance to win two free tickets, all you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post! The deadline to enter is Monday, March 5th.
We’re creating a park like setting in Fayetteville’s East Square Plaza building, and infusing the furnishings with fashion inspires textiles.
The space is divided into 5 main areas:
1. Runway: a tent like space with an elevated runway covered in an imported glazed glitter fabric to reflect light and add a bit of drama. The room is being set up as a true fashion show. To showcase all the amazing clothes and spotlight each charity, Apollo Event Group is providing specialty lighting throughout the event space.
2. Atrium: This space is for the primary bar and food service, as well as seating areas that will be slipcovered in denims, plaids, linens and stripes all in vibrant spring colors, inspired by this year’s trends on the runway. The room will be filled with live trees, and huge arrangements of cherry and almond blossoms as well as lanterns with candles to help set the mood.
3. L’oreal beauty lounge: Dedicated to the wide range of beauty products supplied to our event by L’Oreal. We have teamed with them to provide a beauty bar for our guests to try. The room continues our park concept with amazing seating, display and bar areas, also a photo wall for paparazzi style pics.
4: Mertins eye accessory lounge: The lounge will have a more contemporary feel to complement the sleek styles of eye ware provided by Mertins Family Eyecare for the event. Guests will be able view the latest styles at the eye ware bar and consult with professionals on the latest looks.
5. VIP lounge: the plushest of our spaces will be wrapped in metallic striped silk taffeta walls, contemporary seating, exotic lighting and extravagant florals, all to provide a truly couture experience.
The countdown to Northwest Arkansas Fashion Week has begun! The events kick off Monday, March 11th with two fab launch parties, and the fun continues until the big finale Saturday night. As sponsors of the event, we at At Home are so excited to be a part of the fun, and we want to share that fun with you! This week, we’re giving away two VIP tickets to Friday or Saturday night’s festivities (winner gets to choose!). The VIP tickets are SOLD OUT so this might be your only chance!
Mission: NWA Fashion Week was created on behalf of an organic group of designers, boutiques and other market leaders who are committed to creating a vibrant and exciting fashion community in NWA. We are committed to educating and empowering our community, raising awareness for local non-profits and encouraging volunteerism in Northwest Arkansas. How to win: We’ve posted the NWA Fashion Week schedule below. Leave a comment telling us which event, designer or boutique you are most excited about! We will choose one winner at random on Monday, March 11. The winner will receive 2 VIP tickets for either Friday or Saturday night (winner’s choice). Schedule:
ESQUE + Solestruck
SOUL Yoga Lounge
UA STUDENT DESIGNERS
Black Cherry Vintage // Leea Lee designs
Good Things Boutique // Jessy Lang designs
Bouffants and Beehives
Artamiss/Mayapple // ‘Smells like Trend Spirit’
Himalayan Mountain Shop // Lama Tihnley designs
Phantasm by Tootlepip
Artamiss/Mayapple // ‘Apollo + Daphne/Hobo bride’
9:30 FIX Ultra Lounge Official After Party sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas DJ lineup: Freestylers with Spiff + Sterling // Resident DJ’s: Shortfuze + EQ MARCH 15 // Boutique Runway 7:00 Lola + Mae’s
Mertins Eye Care + Optical
Enrich Salon + Boutique
She Said Yes bridal
FIX Ultra Lounge
Official After Party sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas
DJ lineup: Jen Lasher with Stetra + Supernovae // Resident DJ’s:
Shortfuze + EQ
Elysian + Southern Vintage
A Reflection of Brawn + Beauty
Turks Trunks by Brits & Turks
Skye on the Town
Rock City Kicks
9:30 FIX Ultra Lounge Official After Party sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas DJ lineup: Chuck Love with Mary Jane + Randy Soeung // Resident DJ’s: Shortfuze + EQ
images by jade howard
Thanks to everyone who entered our giveaway for VIP tickets! We can not believe how many of you so passionately want to be a part of NWA Fashion Week! We were so thrilled with your feedback that we decided to give away a SECOND set of two VIP tickets!!!
Congratulations to our winners! Sage and Sherry – be on the lookout for an email from us with instructions on claiming your prize.
Here in the At Home offices, we’re gearing up for one of our favorite fashionable events – Northwest Arkansas Fashion Week. We’re proud to sponsor this week long event that spotlights the area’s talented and creative fashion designers and boutique owners. To prepare for the fun, we’ve asked a few of NWAFW’s fashionable participants to let us know which items they can’t live without this spring. — Payton is the PR Chair of NWA Fashion Week. She is a fashion enthusiast with a corporate job in the beauty industry. She produced and styled photo shoots for the boutiques participating in NWA fashion week. She can also be found playing dress up on her blog, thewindowshopper.org or @mspayton on instagram. She’s very excited about fashion week; you can find her hosting the events on Thursday & Friday nights! Follow her on Facebook to learn more about her!
1. ) A bum bag: I’ve always loved fanny packs and I’ve picked a few up at thrift shops over the years. But for those who want something a little higher end, there seem to be more options out there. This version is both convenient & chic. Bumbag, $165 DKNY 2.) A portable iPhone speaker: I keep one in my purse for impromptu dance parties. iHome Speaker, $19 Target 3.) Insoles: I wear heels almost every day. Dr Scholl’s insoles make it possible High Heel Insole, $7.97 Walmart 4.) A colorful nail color: I work for P&G and I love the new CoverGirl Nail shades, like Mint Mojito. You really don’t need a topcoat! CoverGirl Outlast Nail, $4.94 Walmart 5.) An Earcuff: I love wearing an earcuff lately. It adds edge without an actual piercing. Ear Cuff, $88 shopbop.com
Continuing with our coverage of Northwest Arkansas Fashion Week, we asked Lynlee Critz, stylist for Mae’s and Not a Thing…To Wear to share what’s on trend at Mae’s this spring. We love their vintage baubles, and can’t wait to add a few of these pieces to our ensembles!
Springing on trend from the dames at Mae’s…
What goes around comes back around in the world of fashion and the Mae’s Mavens are trending on all jewels vintage. Here are a few of their fave, new “old” must haves to add to your spring collection.
1. Silver metal. Pair a silver statement necklace and bangles with your soft, white chiffon blouse and skinny jean to give your feminine, monochromatic look the weighted, edge it deserves.
2. Acrylics. Become transparent in lucite this spring. Worn with a white sheath or tee and leather skinnies, acrylics will add a touch of 1950’s hollywood glamor to whatever frock you rock.
3. Black and white. Earn your stripes in black and white by pairing bangles or a drippy necklace duo with a classic denim jacket, poplin or black leather for a timeless look this spring.
4. Brass. Be bold in brass balls by wearing with marbled denim and white. Give your brass class by defrosting your sparkly, holiday rhinestones and layering with ethnic brass for balance and understated elegance.
5.Cocktails. Shake it up with a cocktail ring worn on your middle finger anytime of day. I wear my black onyx with EVERYTHING!
By adding these vintage finds to this seasons essentials, you will have the updated edge you need to put a spring, sting in your step whether rocker or prep.
Here in the At Home offices, we’re gearing up for one of our favorite fashionable events – Northwest Arkansas Fashion Week. We’re proud to sponsor this week long event that spotlights the area’s talented and creative fashion designers and boutique owners. To prepare for the fun, we’ve asked a few of NWAFW’s fashionable participants to let us know which items they can’t live without this spring. — Judson Lee, partner and buyer for The Independent, says the Independent guys are beyond stoked for the second annual NWAFW. “It’s fantastic to see the whole fashion community come together for so many good causes and to showcase just what kind of talent and style we have in this area!” he says. The Independent has 3 menswear shops in Arkansas: their flagship luxury store in Rogers, located at The Shoppes at Pinnacle Hills; their Little Rock shop, which is located at 3608 Kavanaugh Blvd.; and their newest store, The Independent Denim & Essentials, on the Fayetteville Square.