Our November issue, The Best of the South, will be headed to your mailbox and on the web shortly. As a sneak preview (drum roll please…), here’s the oh-so-beautifully Southern room that graces our cover.
What makes it so Southern, you might ask?
- It’s designed by Arkansas native Kevin Walsh of Bear-Hill Interiors, a Southern charmer if ever there was one
- The artwork above the mantle is by acclaimed artist Sammy Peters, another famed Southern soul, whose work is carried in Little Rock’s Heights Gallery. Here’s a link to more of his work: http://www.sammypeters.com/paintingsmain/page18/page18.html
- The room’s symmetry, traditional moldings and pilasters flanking the fireplace, all common in Antebellum Greek Revival homes
- Comfortable, gracious furnishings, loaded with personality: silk damask seats in raw silk French chairs (Southern nearly always has a touch of French…), velvet covering the sofa, and an Oushak rug. The room is as well dressed as a Southern belle.
- And of course, those magnolia branches, with perfect blooms
If you’d like to see other projects by Bear-Hill Interiors, click on the links: