Just when you thought you were out of ideas for garden decor, Chris Olsen of Botanica Gardens comes to the rescue with a unique and festive way to jazz things up. Here, a fun and easy how-to for bottle stars. We love this idea for outdoor entertaining.
This is a great project for the outdoors, to dress up any patio, deck, or as a garden accessory.
You will need: assorted wine bottles, 4 rolls of paper towels (to use as braces) and clear silicone household sealer.
1. Apply sealer to bottom of one wine bottle as shown. Repeat with three more bottles.
2. Attach bottles together as shown, making sure sealer is touching all surfaces.
3. Apply sealer to another bottle in center of grouping; allow to dry.
4. For next layer, lay a roll of paper towels as a brace between bottles. Add sealer to bottom of bottle and glue as shown; repeat for three more.
There are many uses for your bottle star. You can tuck it into the branches of your trees or hang upside down from tree limbs as an outdoor chandelier.
Or as I have in this fabulous planted container.
To make this, you will need: One bottle star, 18-inch pots (ours is Terra Cotta), potting soil and assorted annuals.
1. Place star on top of container that is full of soil.
2. Plant annuals between bottles, the more plants the better! Display to show off!