Date: September 22, 2009 |
Don a fur vest. It looks great belted with boyfriend jeans and booties. Jack BB Dakota fur vest, available at Masons in Fayetteville
Try a showstopper necklace. It becomes a statement piece with an edge when you mix metals, and the best way to achieve this look is with a fabulous vintage bib. Miriam Haskell necklace, available at Barbara/Jean in Little Rock
Nab a black handbag. Look for one with silver or gold hardware a la Coco Chanel’s classic quilted bag, or a soft, worn-in leather messenger. Both styles are timeless, which is important when selecting the proper handbag. Big Buddha leather purse, available at Accessory Gallery in Hot Springs
Wrap yourself in chunky chain bracelets and necklaces. They are a fabulous contrast to an ultra-feminine frock. Gold cuff, available at Beyond Cotton in Little Rock; black and silver cuff available at Mary’s Boutique and wire bracelet available at Walk This Way, both in Conway
- A skinny belt in a fun color such as bright pink or plum (popular colors this season), or in classic tortoise can cinch in billowy tops or a boxy boyfriend blazer.
- Black platform ankle boots, an update of the booties of seasons past, complement skinny ankle jeans.
- Flat, menswear-inspired oxfords pair nicely with boyfriend jeans or with black opaque tights.
- Frilly ankle socks make any classic ballet flat or oxford more fun. Be bold and go for neon pink and teal, or play it safe with blush, charcoal, navy or black.
- Textured tights will help you transition into fall when paired with your jean cut-offs, a blazer and fabulous boots, of course.
- Pick a plum or orange silk scarf to bring pops of color into your wardrobe; these color-ways transition easily into fall.
Fayetteville resident Lynlee Critz is wardrobe stylist and personal shopper for Not a Thing…to Wear, with offices at Mae’s Emporium in Fayetteville.